The Eat Smart Store
Informational eBooks on a variety of nutrition, and health topics with recipes including:
- A Mediterranean 3-day meal plan
- Hit the Road: Eating out
- Transitioning to a Plant-based Diet
- Guide to Eating Healthy Foods from Trader Joe’s
- How to Tame Your Sweet Tooth
- And more!
Home / Shop
Nutrition and Heart Health Guide
A one-time price of $9.97 will be added to your order.
Your Ultimate Guide to Nutrition and Heart Health
Heart disease is the number one cause of death in this country. This guide explains why nutrition is important for heart health. Topics that are covered include an explanation of blood lipids (cholesterol), blood pressure, and how to reduce added sugars. Do you know which foods are considered the salty six (by the American Heart Association) to avoid? A review of the DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (high blood pressure) ) The benefits of pulses (dried edible seeds of legumes) are explored in this e-book. 6 delicious, easy, heart-healthy recipes are included that the whole family will enjoy.
- Healthful Eating Patterns
- Decreasing Added Sugars and Sodium Intake
- Nutrition and Heart Health
- 6 Heart Healthy Recipes: Overnight Apple pie Oats, Chicken and Hummus Lettuce Warp with cilantro and lime, Turkey Pumpkin Chili, Seed Crusted Salmon with lentil and kale, Spinach and white beans salad